Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Last Meal (before surgery)

Ok, so today I started my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. Yesterday, I realized that would be my last day of "normal" eating because I will be doing liquids until surgery, and then I won't be able to eat like I do now after surgery. So I decided my "last meal" would be a Wendy's Baconator meal with chili cheese fries instead of regular fries, and a large wild berry tea. I know I won't be eating this particular combination of foods together for a long time, maybe never. Hopefully never.

I'm doing fine with the liquid diet so far.. it is just day one.. LOL.. I had a protein shake for breakfast along with a Flintstones multivitamin, chicken broth for lunch with lifewater, and for supper I will have a small salad.  I will try to get in 64 oz of water/liquid today.  I'll do this diet until the 15th when my surgeon will give me details on the pre-op liquid diet that he prefers.  Yeah, he only requires a one-week pre-op diet, but I've read that most people have to do 2 weeks, so I decided on my own to do 2 weeks. I read other people's pre-op diet plans and just incorporated it into my own. So far, so good.

My surgery will be 2 weeks from today!  It's hard to believe it's so close!  I'm really excited!  (and a little nervous!!)

Here's a pic of my last meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment